Can you identify these brackets?

-

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
I have these brackets that came installed on a Saginaw power steering pump that I bought and I was curious if anybody knew what kind of application they are for?

Obviously for a Saginaw pump but are they big block or small block? Specific to certain years? I haven't been able to find any pictures elsewhere on the internet of them.

Also if you happen to have any pictures of these brackets installed on a car maybe showing what other brackets completed the set up that would be awesome!

brackets 001.jpg

those look like a set that came off a 440 I bought that was out of a 74 pick up. I dont know what the engine came out of though. I tried them on my BB dart and it put the pump right next to the battery tray

Most engine brakets of this era have numbers stamped into them that may aid in identification.
They are usually pretty faint and you will have to get them really clean or perhaps even strip the paint to read them.

Hmmm interesting...I looked around for some pictures of p/s setups on dodge trucks but only could find standard big block and small block brackets...google hasn't turned up anything and neither has ebay.

I scraped all the crud off of them but did not see any #s or any other ID marks. I'll strip the paint off of them in the next day or two and see if anything shows up.

It was an early saginaw pump that they came with. Not sure if it was the original pump for the brackets but maybe that could narrow it down some?

-
Back