Can you tell what type of suregrip this is?

-
Not to be a smart. What are you trying to set up? That's a clutch style as stated. You can find new carrier assys for about the same money. Below is a link to and eaton Tru trac. It doesn't have clutches but worm gears that actuate it. May want to give Cas there a call. If your trying to do things economically I understand. Just trying to help you out.

http://www.doctordiff.com/8-3-4-eaton-truetrac-differential.html

Also I ran into the same situation with prices. I ended up going to a Strange S-60 for about the same money I would have had in setting up the 8 3/4 housing the way I wanted. If I had gone with a clutch style carrier in the S-60 it actually would have been cheaper than the 83/4.

$500 and that's half of what they can be bought for? More like 2.5 times what a used SG actually sell for on the open market. You can buy a complete 3rd member with a decent gear set and clutch SG for in the $500 range.

Where is this seller performing his comedy act?

What a rip off. Looking for a sucker.

Not to be a smart. What are you trying to set up? That's a clutch style as stated. You can find new carrier assys for about the same money. Below is a link to and eaton Tru trac. It doesn't have clutches but worm gears that actuate it. May want to give Cas there a call. If your trying to do things economically I understand. Just trying to help you out.

http://www.doctordiff.com/8-3-4-eaton-truetrac-differential.html

Also I ran into the same situation with prices. I ended up going to a Strange S-60 for about the same money I would have had in setting up the 8 3/4 housing the way I wanted. If I had gone with a clutch style carrier in the S-60 it actually would have been cheaper than the 83/4.

Thank you. I'm not really set on what I'm building, I'm just trying to replace the 7 ¼" in my car with an 8 ¾. I was gonna call the guy and offer $200, but I might just go with the link you posted. I've looked for 8 ¾ rears for around 4 months now (and by looked, admittedly all I've done is check craigslist periodically, kinda dragging my butt a bit) and I haven't found anything.

Clutch type. It looks like it was just glass beaded, which means you should tear it down and clean. $500 is too high. you can buy brand new from Dr Diff for $400

Is the Dart Sport what you want the rear for?

If so, I would seriously consider a B body rear. It opens up the possibility of finding one cheaper and it fits pretty dog gone good. You would need to move the perches in 1/2" on each side and run a tad bit deeper backspace on the rear wheels if you want a wider wheel.. I had stock Rallyes on mine when I first put it in and they fit perfect, I now have 10" wheels with 5 1/2" backspace and they fit real good.

Rebuilt the entire rear, used suregrip (clutch) all new brake hardware, back brace that I made and new Motive 3.55 gears, all new bearings.

I shopped around and took my time and the total cost with me doing all of the work was just a shade over 600 bones.

View attachment Picture 003.jpg

View attachment 100_3365.jpg

$500 and that's half of what they can be bought for? More like 2.5 times what a used SG actually sell for on the open market. You can buy a complete 3rd member with a decent gear set and clutch SG for in the $500 range.

Where is this seller performing his comedy act?

What a rip off. Looking for a sucker.

unfortunately colorado.......new my ***........if it's new i'll eat it.

i have an 8 3/4 rear axle out of a b body sitting in my garage, it has a 741 open case, and highway gears in it...........other than backing plates it's complete. ..........pm me and i'll sell it to you for 150.00.

all you'll need then is gears and a suregrip.............

higgs

unfortunately colorado.......new my ***........if it's new i'll eat it.

i have an 8 3/4 rear axle out of a b body sitting in my garage, it has a 741 open case, and highway gears in it...........other than backing plates it's complete. ..........pm me and i'll sell it to you for 150.00.

all you'll need then is gears and a suregrip.............

higgs

That's a great start for putting a rear in the car!

HA ..... if he gets that for it i want 100k for my dana

I've noticed lately a lot of guys seem to think these things have turned into gold. Look on e-bay if you want a good laugh

BTW: Dr. Diff does not have the $400 clutch type on stock and says he doesn't know when or if he'll ever get anymore. That was the word as of a couple weeks ago when I talked to him. He does have other units that go for about $600

I've noticed lately a lot of guys seem to think these things have turned into gold. Look on e-bay if you want a good laugh

BTW: Dr. Diff does not have the $400 clutch type on stock and says he doesn't know when or if he'll ever get anymore. That was the word as of a couple weeks ago when I talked to him. He does have other units that go for about $600

Are they on backorder? Or is there some other issue why he may not get any more of them?

I just checked the Randy ring and pinion site and they are on backorder also.

I have 350 sets of power-lock internals in stock, but no carrier cases.

The current manufacturer of the cases is unreliable, so I'm having my own version produced.

Complete units won't be available until next year, however.

I have 350 sets of power-lock internals in stock, but no carrier cases.

The current manufacturer of the cases is unreliable, so I'm having my own version produced.

Complete units won't be available until next year, however.

Do you have an estimated time when you might have some ready next year?

-
Back