can you wash a car cover?

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
My car cover has been throw around and what not and has a few spots on it. Can something like this be washed or should I just get a new one?

The one I have recommends washing in cold water, no detergent and do not dry in dryer. The reason for no detergent is to maintain water repellance and heat would damage the material. If there are any tags or other identifying marks on the cover you may be able to get this info from their web site or call the company to enquire.

My cover recommends washing while on the car, with cold water and mild soap. Let air dry ... Probably the same for yours !

I have a California Car Cover on two of my cars. The instructions that came with both covers said they can be washed in a large washer (think laundromat extra large style ). It also said to use a cleaner like "Simple Green" only. Do not machine dry. I cost me about $7 to do a cover. If you go on the car cover manufacturer's website they will probably tell you how to wash your cover. They all seem to have different requirements/recommendations.

There is no tag on mine that has washing intrusions. Its made of polypropylene

Sometimes the manufacturer's name is marked on the cover. If they have a website the cleaning instructions may be on there.

-
Back