Canadian factory Rht-hand drive Barracuda

-

Elvis

Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted some pics a while back about a run down Barracuda sitting under a house that had GT badges on it. I managed to track the owner down and its an old man who has owned it since the 70's.

He told me it was built in Canada, it's a factory right-hand drive, and it has an AP5 front end/grill. He bought it in Hong Kong and imported it to Australia. Anyone know any information about these Canadian built cars, or is he pulling my leg? He also has an old Pontiac convertible with some special 4head light front end and a special engine in it. The guy was a bit of a car nut in his day! I told him I was interested in it and asked if he'd every part with it and he told me about 3 times only if I was going to restore it to properly!

attachment.php

pontiac had the most canadian built models of all gm's. it wouldn't suprise me if it is true. the chrysler historical society can shead some light on this car. i think it deserves more reasearch for sure. don't sit on it too long he might change his mind!

I don't doubt it..I think RHD cars were built in canada and exported to other commonwealth countries to avoid duties. If you check the VIN you might find an 'R' for the Windsor plant. I also read on another site that a guy had a Canadian made RHD '67 barracuda.

-
Back