Canadian shipping across border

-

dodgedifferent2

Reaction score
I just stumbled upon this from a friend that may come very useful for others.

Simply buy something from an american company and have it shipped to them in Port Huron MI.
All you have to do is go pick it up in Port Huron MI and cross the border. It saves on shipping costs and saves on broker fees.

http://www.usparcelpickup.com/

Thought i should pass the info along.

Just be aware you will need to pay taxes on whatever you bring across. Even if it was given to you,so you still need a reciept.

No you cant. At least I pay EVERY TIME regardless of how long I've been there.

Residents returning to Canada:

After 24 hr absence...C$50
--No Tobacco and Liquor

After 48 hr absence...C$400
Tobacco...200 Cigarettes and 50 Cigars and 200g of loose Tobacco.
Liquor....1.14L of spirits, 1.5L of wine,or 24 bottles or cans of beer.(8.5L)

After 7 days absence...C$750
Tobacco...200 Cigarettes and 50 Cigars and 200g of Tobacco
Liquor....1.14 litres of liquor or 1.5 litres of wine.

I say But for myself I have never been charged tax for purchase under $100.00 (no booze or Cigs of coarse) and then returning in a few hours.

Your lucky. The border guard at Waneta always nails me every time,even though the things I bring back are gifts,he still makes me pay taxes. The only thing I ever get away with is gas. Im trying an experiment with a gift letter and some small parts being sent,but I dont think he'll care. I have kept the reciepts for taxes paid,hoping I will get a refund eventually.Plus most of the parts are valued at over $100.

And when I brought my magnums across to ship to Patrick,there were 2 forms at the border,plus another at the post office. I was instructed on how to etc on the forms,the guard was really great seeing how it was my first time. BUT,if I were to happen to show up at the border without paperwork again,there is a $5ooo fine they can levy for guys that repeatedly do this.And there are these stupid HST codes we have to look up,and write on the forms. There are a billion of these stupid things
( thanks Gordon Campbell and your idiot liberals).Plus a $10.75 U.S funds only fee at the border,which I had to swallow as part of the shipping.They called it a commercial vehicle fee as I was using my truck to transport stuff. Ridiculous excuse for a money grab. I had no U.S,so had to go to the post office,send the heads,get US change and then go back to the US guard shack and pay.All in the middle of a snow storm,lol!

Overall,it was a big pita. It's pretty obvious to me that the govt is making things difficult for the avg guy. Maybe they want to encourage the use of a broker. Too much $$ for my poor *** blood.Plus the US border guard actually told me I should be selling in my own country. I didnt bother letting him know I had been trying for 2 ys already. No point with a protectionist attitude like that.

Then i must be lucky ... cause i have brought $500 and declared it and never paid ....

Also told by a border guard that $200 was the limit per trip.

i have a broker in Oroville that brings up my business stuff and i also use betta's services in Oroville for my own stuff when i have time to drive to go pick it up. i NEVER get through the osoyoos border crossing without having to pay and and answer a barrage of questions, the US guys are very serious but nice guys, the Canadians are all out dicks on a power trip. other crossings i have been through were fine.

-
Back