Cancun trip

-

VDART

Reaction score
Anyone traveled to cancun ? We are trying to take a summer vacation? Would appreciate personal experiences , I am searching the web sites now, thx Lawrence

Its been a few years but we stayed at Dreams resort in Cancun, its something else now. We went for the all inclusive package and it turned out to be a great choice. Great food and drink from the many an varied restaurants both on the resort and off. There is a shuttle that travels up and down the strip, cost like a buck to get around. The people on the strip can sometimes be annoying trying to sell you just about anything. Most people are friendly and very helpful, Cancun was one of my favorite vacations so far, you'll love it .

Been there a couple times. I'll try to help if you have questions.

We were in the Mayan Riviera in March. We flew into Cancun, then a charter bus took us down the coast to our resort just south of Playa Del Carmen.
We stayed at the El Dorado Seaside. Absolutely amazing place! Not too big, not too small, and adults only. I would recommend it for sure! Its only about an hour and a half south of Cancun, which is just far enough off the beaten path to feel a bit more secluded and away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.
I have a bunch of pics and a ton more info I can send you if you are interested. PM me and let me know.

Maybe a stupid question, but, why go there in the summer???...isn't CC a winter destination...to get away from the cold?

wife won't take the kids out of school & I cannot get spring break off. teenage boy & girl.
in fact July is the only time I can go this year-- any other non school date has been taken by more senior employees.

you have to make due with what is presented.

we are looking at a park called xplore-- zip lines,atv, cave floating type stuff.

I really like leisure time-- no hustle/time commits on vacation.

Lawrence

I just looked at the average temps for the month of July... Lows 78, high 90. The 90 is not that hard to deal with if you're near the water or a water park, zip lines, etc. But 78 for a nite time low, better make sure you have accommodations with AC , or you might die there in Cancun! Have a good time Lawrence. I've taken my family to Mexico a couple times, Cabo, La Paz, but never Cancun, maybe someday.

playing the airfare game now , filing out passport forms & getting ready!!

I get deals there all the time but can't go

[ame="http://s213.photobucket.com/user/bigdummy71/media/Screenshot_2015-01-20-17-38-19_zpsbo4ddlcq.png.html"]Screenshot_2015-01-20-17-38-19_zpsbo4ddlcq.png Photo by bigdummy71 | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/bigdummy71/Screenshot_2015-01-20-17-38-19_zpsbo4ddlcq.p@@AMEPARAM@@213.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/bigdummy71/Screenshot_2015-01-20-17-38-19_zpsbo4ddlcq.p[/ame]

-
Back