Cannot get vent window out

-

70dart

Reaction score
Can anyone help me removing vent window and frame from a 70 Swinger I have removed all visible bolts but something still seems to holding it in. Is there something I missed? If anyone has an idea what is causing this I would really appreciate any info, thanks. #-o

on the inside of the door near where the mirror remote would be is a small rubber plug, remove the plug and there is a allen head bolt inside.

Thanks for the info! I thought there was something in that little hole but I couldn't see really well. But I thought I was onto something but couldn't move any thing. I think I may have to resort to the cutting wheel so I can get at it better then weld the piece that I cut out back in. Sound like a plan? ](*,)

I just went through this on my girlfriends 72 scamp.
Are you trying to get the whole chrome wing window frame out or just the small triangle glass?

For the whole frame...There is a plug on the bottom of the door and on the front side of the door they bolth have a nut/allen that needs to be removed, I also had to remove the small rubber cap at the top of the window channel (small phillips head screw) and seaperate the frame from itself in order to "twist" the whole frame to get it out of the door.

For just the wing window... Take off the door pannel and reach waaaaayyyy up there and right under the pivot point there is a small clip with a phillips head screw (kind of like the ones for the heater cables) that holds it in place.

I cut open a scrap door just to see how it was held in and then as it ended up...I needed the door after all.

Oh and thanks for the post in the tranny thread, It helped alot!!!

Thanks 360Scamp,

I am glad that Tranny link worked for you. They have some awesome articles! The info you gave is exactly what I needed. It is the tiny plug at the top that I couldn't tell what was behind it, so its a Phillips. So this will still pull out fairly hard after that screw is removed right? I don't want to bust anything I have more then enough repairs to do now :eek:ops: Thanks again!!

-
Back