Cant beleive the diff in prices

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Started calling around here in Canada for new Torshion bars for my dart.Dodge dealer,National Moparts,SMC Classic,they want 420 for the pair,in the U.S. 199,why double here.The bars I priced out are the .920.

It's not just auto parts that are far cheaper, pretty much everything is half price. If you want Snake you can have them shipped to my place in Michgan. I'm coming back to Ontario for the US thanksgiving Nov 22 and could bring them with me. Just let me know

Firm Feel has nice selection, and price is reasonable. Why only 0.920" bars? I would recommend something closer to 1"
I have FF 0.940" bars on my 67 ragtop, and car rides softer than my 07 300C. Sixties cars were all under sprung soft mushy boats, increasing spring rate greatly improves these car's handling.

Merchants here know what it will cost you to bring something into Canada from the States (shipping,handling & HST) and they make sure we pay the full deal, plus some $$, for the convenience of having the part(s) sooner. We're being screwed on most all items we buy, even groceries. Merchants here want to make big bucks on every customer and not interested in volume like they are Stateside. I worked for a Bank and one retailer, a mens store bragged about making 1200% on a man's suit. Tell me we're not getting screwed? I live 2 hours north of Toronto, so if I can buy it at the same or a cheaper price from the States I order from the States. Arrives at my door and saves me hours and gas. Recently needed tailpipes only for the Duster. Best deal I could get within 2 hours of here was $200 for the pipes plus $150, install. Ordered a header back 2.5" system, inc mufflers,all brackets and clamps from Summitt for $345.00 to my door all in including HST and shipping/handling. Pisses me off to think how we are being screwed over!!!

Sorry for the rant, but sure felt gooooooood!

It Sucks that we pay more for no good reason!

Company I work for has all products shipped to Canada marked up 20%.

Our cost is inflated right off. Even before we get to set our price structure. Most US firms treat their Canadian division as a cash cow.
To be fair we usually represent less volume than one US state but show me one state that pays 20% more than the rest

Gettin' me a US address and starting to travel over border regularly to get supplies cheaper. Friend of mine moved home from US based job transfer and he kept his cell phone plan and it's super cheap for free North American long distance monthly, like $20.00 USD.

Rant over!!!!!!

I'm from just north of Toronto and now live in Michigan and I can't believe the difference in prices on everything. I can buy a 24 of Molson Canadian brewed in Toronto for 15 bucks at the grocery store.

I'm from just north of Toronto and now live in Michigan and I can't believe the difference in prices on everything. I can buy a 24 of Molson Canadian brewed in Toronto for 15 bucks at the grocery store.

We're going to your place!

i can remember buying all my sporting good stuff back in the '70 s from the US.
Canadian prices have always been outrageous!

I think that your retailers are still drunk with the currency difference from US $ we had for many years, and now that currency is about par, still pile on the over inflated adjustment. That blended tax, and low dollar value before paying duty ain’t helping you guys much either.

I lived on the US Canadian border for years, and when C $ was 1.60 to 1 US $ no Canadian cars were to be found in Walmart’s parking lot, but as soon as we were within a dime’s difference there were NB cars filling local shopping parking lots.

Compare the sticker price of the same new car sold in US to one sold in Canada… WOW

It's not just auto parts that are far cheaper, pretty much everything is half price. If you want Snake you can have them shipped to my place in Michgan. I'm coming back to Ontario for the US thanksgiving Nov 22 and could bring them with me. Just let me know

Thanksssssssss thats very kind of ya thing is this will my Christmass bonus from work and I cant order them uyntill December,thanks tho for the offer.

so which ones do you think you'll get Don?
i've been looking into these as well.... .940 FF?

-
Back