cant find 8 3/4

-

imacbo

Reaction score
I cant find an 8 3/4 rear end anywhere close by!!! So my next guess would be a ford 9"?? Is there anything better then this that dont cost an arm and leg? I would really like to have an 8 3/4 but none of the salvage yards have one. what should I look for? what would fit the best and with less modification in a 72 scamp? thanks

i'm going to a 440 but i cant even find the 8 1/4 at any of the local junk yards

have access to several 8 3/4 rears , what body ru lookin 4 ? am in joplin mo. Have a&b abody housing and axles 400 b 250 may have backing plates and brakes 4174375352

Guy on BigBlock Dart has one i think he wants to sell?

If you find one online, you can get it shipped to you UPS. The seller just has to be willing to break it down and ship it in three packages. It's probably cheaper than modifying a 9" to fit.

The chances are VERY SLIM that an A-body 8 3/4 is going to be sitting in a junkyard at this point. Your best bet is going to be on forums such as this (as the mopar guys have already gotten them from JY years ago) or local shout out options such as Craigslist. I have had best luck with a forum post, asking for what is needed, and CL to gather offers from people who have the axle, and are willing to part with it.

FYI

A b body rear will work if you move the spring pads and then use wheels with more backspacing.

if you can find a 9inch thats out of a early mustang it will fit. i have a ford 8 inch under my 1964 valiant and it was a bolt in deal

I felt ripped off when I bought my 8.75 rear in 2003. But now I don't feel so bad.... They are still out there though. You just have to look through the classifields and ebaymotors.... But ya good luck, I heard the ford 8.8 out of an explorer works pretty good too with discs brakes and a better bolt pattern too, but I couldn't stomach idea the stomach the idea of a ford part in my car so I gave up on that idea.

check with greg moser they have 8 3/4 housings 9 inch ford have to much drag

Look under older 1/2 ton Dodge trucks and vans up to about '73; I know where 2 are right now.

-
Back