Canton to TTI header clearance???

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
Is anyone using the Canton 11-502 circle track pan and TTI 1 7/8" Headers? The pan is a rear sump, so probably not a popular choice for most but I have a RMS AlterKtion front end so fitment is no issue other then my question about the headers. Thanks for any input.

Bump...anyone running any brand of rear sump lowprofile circle track pan with TTI 1-7/8" headers?? Or even smaller tube version? Thanks

This may or may not help you, but I am using this 7qt. rear sump Moroso pan on my smallblock with the RMS front end, and the standard TTI headers. No clearance problems anywhere...

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...aW5nIFN5c3RlbQ==&level2=UGFucw==&partid=11168

Here are a couple shots of the pan and headers mocked up, looks close in the pics, but there is plenty of room. You should be fine with your Canton pan...

swg110.jpg

2r5gunt.jpg

2q027a1.jpg

2hcj29x.jpg

11bnqy9.jpg

ehdoup.jpg

Could you do me a favor and measure the distance from where the pan is bolted to the block down to where the pan kicks out. Also, how wide is your pan from side to side on the kick out? My Canton pan looks like it might be a lower profile, but maybe not. Cheers

Could you do me a favor and measure the distance from where the pan is bolted to the block down to where the pan kicks out. Also, how wide is your pan from side to side on the kick out? My Canton pan looks like it might be a lower profile, but maybe not. Cheers

yea, I will try to do this after work today, now that the engine is in the car, (for mock up purposes, lol), this might be a little bit difficult...lol

Brad, sorry to read about your header woes. Luckily with my Alter-K front end my only worries on fitment will be at the back of the pan where the headers hug. I think mines lower profile then mopardudes, if so I will be having headers made.

mopardude,,,if you can manage to get measurements that would be great,,if not then no worries. Cheers

ok, got measurements. sorry it took me forever. from the pan rail to the kickout is 5 inches. the bottom of the kickout part of the pan is 10.5 inches wide.

Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it,,but I've already conceeded to the fact my pan is a no go with TTI headers. Its 15" wide at the kick-out and starts earlier then yours. Sooooo, back to running the Milodon 31590 since the kickout is closer to front. I will modify pickup on pump to dual set-up so to not choke off my stroker with opened up oil passages. Cheers

-
Back