Capital City Mopars Sacramento car show cancelled.

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to report....
I received an email from a club representative that our annual "Day in the Park" has been cancelled.
The email stated that our regular meetings and the show were cancelled. With the limited explanation, I assumed that it was all because of the restrictions on place because of the virus. I was pissed because the show is almost 2 1/2 months away. The date of the show was June 26th.
A follow up email went out to further explain that the main reason for the cancellation was that the School district that governs the reservations of the park GAVE AWAY the June 26th date out from under us, We used to reserve the date via email or phone calls but they have implemented a new policy where an applicant needs to fill out a 27 page document and obtain a permit to sell food. The park also now wants to base their usage fees based on attendance numbers of spectators, a number that is almost impossible to determine.
In short, we were mistreated and manipulated as a club.
Our club officers are considering a show later in the year, maybe August or September. I will surely notify this forum if/when a date is chosen.
Sorry for the bad news. I am probably as disappointed as many others.

I am sorry to hear this. So typical of Commifornia! Always about the buck$ and making it as difficult as possible to make something happen.

That's a bummer! I've never taken one of my rides there, but still go every year to look at everyone else's mopar. I'll miss the t-shirt too. Keep us posted if they end up doing something later in the year.

I am sorry to hear this. So typical of Commifornia! Always about the buck$ and making it as difficult as possible to make something happen.

I so agree, Good times, Bad times, Anytime, is a fine time for this states controlling greedy SOB’s to continue Fu*kin things up.

That sucks, Dog. I liked that venue. Keep us posted if, where, and when it’s held again.

-
Back