Car club members bought a Dart

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Two members of the Horsepower Hooligans bought a Dart. It's a 1967, once a 273 and now a 340. They bought it to drive and show. It's not "real" and they don't care. I'll see if anyone picks up what I'm talking about :D

AA7el6Z.jpg

It was on Vancouver Craigslist for a long time. Personal opinion.... They paid way too much for a "non-real" GTS. A real one can be had for the same price.....check ebay.

It was on Vancouver Craigslist for a long time. Personal opinion.... They paid way too much for a "non-real" GTS. A real one can be had for the same price.....check ebay.

Oh I know. But Im not going to belittle their purchase. They didn't care if it was real or not but fully done and didn't need anything.

Good looking car

Let's see, 67 GT grill

68 hood, GTS emblem on front fender with 67 274 hipo emblem and custom rear bee stripe, new style racing mirrors

In the end it still a good looking car

Any good shots of the stripe? Looks like Superbee style

Good looking car

Let's see, 67 GT grill

68 hood, GTS emblem on front fender with 67 274 hipo emblem and custom rear bee stripe, new style racing mirrors

In the end it still a good looking car

Any good shots of the stripe? Looks like Superbee style

The "GT" on the grille is correct for a '67 GTS.

But yes correct on the rest.

I don't have any pictures of the car myself, I wasn't in town when they got it.

Ok so I finally got to see the car in person. Sorry no pictures as my phone was dead.

The guy they bought it from restores Darts. He was building this car for his personal car and ended up breaking his back or something?

Anyways.

The car was a real '67 GT.

The numbers matching 273 was rebuilt and then the guy decided to go for a 340 instead. The rebuilt 273 went with the car.

It was an entire nut and bolt resto. Literally, if there was a bolt and a nut was screwed onto the bolt, the guy went back and painted the bolt so you couldn't see the marks of threading the bolt and so they wouldn't discolor or rust.

You can literally eat off this car.

The stripe says "Super Commando GTS".

The 340 is spotless and there is even a lightswitch to turn on lights in the engine bay when showing the car off.

It's a semi clone of a GTS. Has the GTS badging, the dual headrests, etc. But then the owner made it his way.

Personally it's an AMAZING looking car that they don't have to do a single thing to.

About the ONLY thing that throws the car off in my eyes is the 273 on the fender. Those should have been removed or at least replaced with a 340 badge.

So right now Williams Lake has a 1967, 68, 69, and 71 Dart. We need someone here to buy a '70 :D

Nice car, but a lot more money than what I would pay for a GTS clone!

My opinion is that if I wanted a perfect looking Dart like this, I'd have paid $30,000 personally.

I mean if someone can show me a NUT & BOLT perfect resto done for less than $30,000 CDN I would be pretty impressed :D

All you Americans need to realize a $25,000 USD car turns into $31,307.50 CDN just by the exchange rate. Add on the 12% taxes and now that turns into $35,064.40 not including the gas to drive it home or the cost of shipping if you can't pick it up yourself.

I agree with "68dartman".

Personally, I think cars up here are overpriced, in general....that's why I bought my car in the states....much better deal...but then I bought it when the CDN$ was higher.

I don't see many Americans buying Canadian cars, even with the dollar down now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Dart-...39d4f4006&item=221682548742&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

This one is correct, and was $39k before Xmas...and it's REAL!

I bought my 68 for $8000.00 three years ago. Mind you it was and is still not perfect, but I can live with that!!

Attachments

• 969985_385605941559725_170717160_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 157
The 340 engine under the hood currently. Mild 380hp. The numbers matching rebuilt 273 is on a stand in the shop beside the car.

bqbvVQi.jpg

dBh4F3a.jpg

v8czBCp.jpg

Every nut and bolt after being put together on the car was touched up with paint so as not to see the tool marks.

Here is the 340 firing up after it's long winter slumber. Yes there are LED lights under the hood to even light up the engine at car shows.

[ame]http://youtu.be/pkos9Ixdleg[/ame]

-
Back