Car Cover?

-

Rhetor

Reaction score
Picked up to vintage survivor cars a month ago . . . very, very little rust . . . original paint (or maybe repainted each once 25 years ago) . . . both kind of running . . . mine is the 1964 Dart GT Vert (4 speed 273) . . . wife got the 63 Chevy Impala 4 door land yacht!

Got the Chevy running and home . . .

My Dart parts are all ordered . . . running . . . but putting new gas tank, etc., and carb rebuild this next week.

I only have one garage bay left open . . . I talked her into giving it to me for the Dart . . . but, I have to buy a cover for her Chevy . . . I know this will probably flip later, so I am going to need an outdoor car cover for my Dart too . . . just inevitable there will eventually be a garage swap. :)

So, not sure if this is the right place to post . . . but I need recommendations on reasonably priced car covers for one or both cars to be outside long term . . . I do not want to rust them up, but only have two garage bays . . . one already spoken for . . . again, my wife's daily driver.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Cheap-o one wont allow the car to breath and will keep the condensation on the car forever.

California car cover or similar quality brand.

i got one from pep boys and it kept my firebird nice and dry though the rain, snow whatever. it was about $100, two or three layer (i cant remember) breathable, soft bottom for the paint. just measure first than got take a look. not sure but any other large parts store similar to pep boys should have them too.

I bought one off e-bay, I believe the guys handle was "carcover", three layer cover with cable and lock. I've had it on my 66 over winter and it keeps it nice and dry. I paid $39 + $11 shipping for a total of $ 50.00. Advance Auto had the same cover at $ 72.00. I bought a large for the Dart after I measured it at 16 feet...the cover fits tight maybe should have gone to next size but it works.

Dave

Mine came from Costco. It is an all weather cover. Should be good outside, but mine has never sat out.

think they had them for $89.

Now, I hate it. It leaves particles on the car every time I remove it. It is soft on the bottom and like vinyl outer.

I plan on getting a California car Cover like the one for my Prowler. It is an all weather soft on both sides and doesn't live anything on the car when removed.

If I did have a car that had to sit out I think I would like the one for the dart better

like gt grinly i got one off ebay mine is also the 3 layer with cable and lock and it keeps my 69 dart nice and dry

like gt grinly i got one off ebay mine is also the 3 layer with cable and lock and it keeps my 69 dart nice and dry
GT Grinly or dodgenut 7 . . . do either of you remember the ebay link you used?

i just searched car covers in ebay motors section they also have 4 and 5 layer covers mine i ordered was made for a dart didnt have to measure my car and it fits good

i just searched car covers in ebay motors section they also have 4 and 5 layer covers mine i ordered was made for a dart didnt have to measure my car and it fits good

Yeah, I found them . . . so I guess they are all about the same and you do not have a specific one to recommend?

-
Back