car dolly/thingy

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
Im talking about the 4 little guys that go under the tires so you can push around a dead/motorless car. Kinda like little creepers. Who makes em and where can I get a set?

Try Harbor Freight. I bought a set for work so we could move around a Toyota concept car that had no steering. They worked great and now I use them to move the big boss's cars in a confined garage.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=32052

Thanks guys!

I have a very confined garage. About 12 ft wide by 24 deep. It's got my Dart plus parts, equipment and stuff. Talk about crammed! These dollies will help me shift the Dart to one side and make room to move about. Also a parking spot for a snowblower is needed! We just got another 12 inches last night. I guess I cleared the 3 feet off the roof yesterday just in time!

Sorry,one more question. Did you buy steel or aluminum?

Thanks guys!

I have a very confined garage. About 12 ft wide by 24 deep. It's got my Dart plus parts, equipment and stuff. Talk about crammed! These dollies will help me shift the Dart to one side and make room to move about. Also a parking spot for a snowblower is needed! We just got another 12 inches last night. I guess I cleared the 3 feet off the roof yesterday just in time!

Sorry,one more question. Did you buy steel or aluminum?

I have three sets of their steel dollies. Although lighter, I had no need for the higher priced aluminum models.

The ones I bought from Harbor freight were made of wood, and they are not for cars only mine look like reg dollies for what ever you wanted to use them for..They work awesome...$10.00 each. Capacity is 1000lbs per dolly...I had my 46 2dr pontiac on them and moved around by my self and I am 150lbs....

Try Harbor Freight. I bought a set for work so we could move around a Toyota concept car that had no steering. They worked great and now I use them to move the big boss's cars in a confined garage.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=32052

I bought a set from harbor freight and they suck! I put my car up on them and its next to impossible to move the car, I dont know what the deal is. For starters, the studs that hold the wheels onto them were to long and they got in the way of the "swivel" to I had to take a cut-off wheel to them but they still are not right....I should have just returned them. I have never bought anything worth a rats @ss from that place.....

I've had problems moving cars loaded on the cheap dollies also.

If you want to use dollies, I'd highly recommend looking into a more expensive quality set.

Steve

Tha ones I bought from Harbor freight were made of wood, Thay work awesome...$10.00 each. Capacity is 1000lbs per dolly...I had my 46 2dr pontiac on them and moved around by my self and I am 150lbs

Thats impressive!

Unfortunately I dont see wood ones now. I think I'll go with steel. If they crack I can mig them up.

Phoned the local jobber up here in Canada. $100/pair for steel ones!

Not reasonable,I think. Even after shipping,exchange and border taxes/duty I'll still be ahead $ with harbour.

Thats impressive!

Unfortunately I dont see wood ones now. I think I'll go with steel. If they crack I can mig them up.

Phoned the local jobber up here in Canada. $100/pair for steel ones!

Not reasonable,I think. Even after shipping,exchange and border taxes/duty I'll still be ahead $ with harbour.

I see wood ones on the website.. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93888

I have these...not recommended as far as I am concerned http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38959

A favour to ask. Anyone have a "coupon" # I can use? :) please..pretty please with cherries? lol...

Im talking about the 4 little guys that go under the tires so you can push around a dead/motorless car. Kinda like little creepers. Who makes em and where can I get a set?

I bought a set from this site: http://www.tireskate.com/

They are not cheap, I paid $180 (now $195) for a set of four. I was so happy with the skates I went back and bought four of the skate tops. With the skates you can turn your car completly around in your garage, by yourself! I used the tops and was able to remove all suspension from the car, put the car on the skate tops and spin it around in my garage so on nice days I could always have have the best light. The car move so easy on the skates you need to be careful you don't push it to hard because it will get away from you. Remember, you get what you pay for! My brother bought the "cheap" ones from Summit and was not happy with the quality.8)

I have had my '67 New Yorker sitting on four of the steel Harbor Freight dollies for four months now. I figured that it might be a good idea to squirt some oil into the works to allow them to move around easier. Once the wheels are set in the direction you want the car to move, no problem. I had to use a mallet to get them all in the same plane once the car was first set on them, though.

I bought a set from this site: http://www.tireskate.com/

They are not cheap, I paid $180 (now $195) for a set of four. I was so happy with the skates I went back and bought four of the skate tops. With the skates you can turn your car completly around in your garage, by yourself! I used the tops and was able to remove all suspension from the car, put the car on the skate tops and spin it around in my garage so on nice days I could always have have the best light. The car move so easy on the skates you need to be careful you don't push it to hard because it will get away from you. Remember, you get what you pay for! My brother bought the "cheap" ones from Summit and was not happy with the quality.8)

Hmm,they look to be a step "up'. Probably the main difference is the plate steel and caster/bearing quality. Havent ordered yet as Im still shopping around. Harbour frieght is the most economical so far.

Summit has several different dolly's.Which one did your bro get?
http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...Ntt=car+dolly&searchinresults=false&N=700+115

I have two sets of those that I use around here. I've even had the trailer on them, with a car on the trailer as well. (the harbor freight ones)

I think I'll start a poll! So many conflicting opinions..:(

Poll away! I have had my metal HF dollies (3 sets) for approx. four years without any issues (just a little lubrication once in awhile).

Hmm,they look to be a step "up'. Probably the main difference is the plate steel and caster/bearing quality. Havent ordered yet as Im still shopping around. Harbour frieght is the most economical so far.

Summit has several different dolly's.Which one did your bro get?
http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...Ntt=car+dolly&searchinresults=false&N=700+115

He bought them years ago, I don't beleive Summit still sells them because they are not any of those that they are currently showing online.

Caster bearing quality makes the difference. Tire Skates will sell just the casters. I bought some and put them on my engine stand...hugh difference moving the motor around the garage!

Mine work well on little cars, but on my Challanger? I'd rather push it on flat tires! They are like an old skateboard, the smallest pebble and they stop like it's sitting on suspension only. I try to keep the floor clean, but it's not possible. With the doors open and the smallest breeze, dust and dog hair will form big enough things to stop those dollies. If you really want to buy a set, I'll sell you mine!

LOL,thanks anywho.
went with the tire skate. Pricey but I think much better quality overall.

Well folks,got the tire skates the other day and I must say; Im impressed!

The wheels are very hi quality and the 1/4 inch plate steel dollys look to be indestructable. Minor issue with my package missing lock washers,but Joel offered to send them or a cheque if I chose to buy them. He's a great guy. I only wanted him to know about it and took care of the washers myself.

Shipping was timely via UPS and the merchandise was well packaged and thus arrived in perfect condition.

I'd reccomend this product or any Joel makes!

-
Back