car lift

-
I went with Bend-Pak - HD9. American made, and they stand behind it. Beware of the cheap deals on Chinese-made junk, they can be dangerous! I know of at least one story about a guy getting crushed under a cheap Chinese lift.

I went with Bend-Pak - HD9. American made, and they stand behind it. Beware of the cheap deals on Chinese-made junk, they can be dangerous! I know of at least one story about a guy getting crushed under a cheap Chinese lift.
thats my main concern, dont want to get hurt or lose my car. what did you pay for it

Ordered it online from these folks:

http://www.asedeals.com/garage_lift.html

It was $2,750 delivered to the nearest freight terminal when I bought it about three years ago. Hauled it home on the trailer from there myself. Delivery is expensive, at least an additional $4-500. The thing weighs a ton or more - literally.

If your looking for a 4 post I looked at a ton of them IN PERSON and the backyard buddy is the best. It costs more but you can see where the $$ is spent. Copied from a US ARMY design for a portable lift. Made in Canton , Ohio.

I don't make alot of money so the price was tough to swallow. After looking at all the crap out there I decided to wait until I could save enough. Took 2 years of side jobs but consider what your car and life are worth.

My DAD has had his over 10 years with no issues whatsoever....

I have a double park. The lift is good for 7000 lbs. and over the last 6 years it has gone up and down hundreds of times without a hitch. It uses 110 volt motor and never had any problems at all. I have worked on the car with this lift but through the winter I use it for storage and drive a car under it. If you are buying a lift for working on the car only it might be better to by a 2 post lift. The 2 post lift must be bolted down and concrtete thickness had to be 6 inches thick for the lift I was looking at, so the 4 post lift is what I went with.

lift1.jpg

I also need it for winter storage and to work on my cars too. complete hydraulics offered me the 10,000 for the price of a 7000, because they are out of the 7000. 1,695 plus 250.00 shipping

-
Back