Car Masters Car Show at Disney Village

-

mosleyme

Reaction score
Was in Florida last week, happened to be a car show at the Disney Village yesterday. Decided to check it out. Pretty good show overall. Some very nice cars. A few pictures for y'all.

Attachments

• DSC01667s.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC01669s.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 200
1968 Fastback w/ 426

Attachments

• DSC01719s.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC01718s.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 168
A beautiful 300

Attachments

• DSC01743s.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC01742s.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC01740s.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC01739s.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 175
And some random guy signing autographs

Attachments

• DSC01781s.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 176
Lucky.......got his autograph ?

I was worn out from a week of Disney World and Universal Studios. I made a point of spending plenty of time indoors and using Fast Pass and such to avoid standing around in the heat. By 9:30 there was about an hour of people lined up for Foose autographs outside in the direct sun. He wasn't scheduled to start until 11am. Not sure I could of handled a solid hour of direct sun at 90F and 95% humidity on the sidewalk. I had a 5:45 flight and three young children, not a good idea anyway.

I think Foose is a good guy and very talented. I like the show and he seems to be someone I would enjoy talking with. I am not into autographs, unless it is something truly personal. A choice of three Disney themed prints doesn't do it for me. Then there was the added element of having to buy some overpriced Disney merchandise for the privilege of lining up? I enjoy the Disney parks and such but they take it a bit far sometimes. I would not have minded if the price of entry was a donation to Progeria Research Foundation (Chip is heavily involved in that organization) or a charity of one's choice, but simply lining Disney's pockets? If I ever have the opportunity of meeting him somewhere and he would be willing to do a sketch for me, that would be something, he is an exceptional artist!

My "Pick of the litter" ...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

..you had me at waiting in line for an hour at 95F with three young kids...I am impressed that you were able to do Disney land...we avoided it like the plague with our kids....

great pics
Ian.

..you had me at waiting in line for an hour at 95F with three young kids...I am impressed that you were able to do Disney land...we avoided it like the plague with our kids....

great pics
Ian.

It was a VERY long trip. We did 2 days at Universal, 4 days at Disney, 1 last day at Universal, then headed to Disney Boardwalk Saturday for the car show, lunch and a movie.

The key to the parks is to go against the grain. We go early and have a few key attractions we want to do. We also went on days when the crowds are lowest. For example, at Epcot we wanted to do "Test Track", "Soaring", and "Space" which typically have long waits. Other rides, like Nemo, did not have much wait, so it was never an issue. So, at 9am when the gates open I headed to Soaring and picked up the fast pass tickets. My wife walked the kids to Space and met me there. Wait for Space was 10 minutes at 9:15am. We hung out and did a few other things in the area and some shopping. As soon as it was available we got the fast pass tickets for Test Track, then went to do Soaring. With the fast pass our wait for Soaring was about five minutes, the stand by wait was over an hour. Then we ate. After lunch we walked around the World Showcase and checked out a few things my wife and kids were interested in. When it was time for our fast pass for Test Track, we waited about ten minutes, stand by wait was close to 100 minutes at that time. Then, about 4pm we left, went back to the hotel and let the kids go play in the pool.

All, in all, not bad. I would much prefer to go when the parks are not as busy. Last time we went was first week of December 2007. Parks were almost empty, weather was bearable, much more enjoyable.

That said, my wife and kids liked Universal better. And, in our experience, the food was much better than at the Disney Parks.

Believe me though, for five people with hotel, plane flight, and park tickets, the trip was expensive. I would have much rather spent the week at the beach (and I really do not like the beach). My idea of a vacation would be Power Tour, Cruisin' the Coast, Carlisle, or the Mopar Nationals. It will be cheaper to put fuel injection on my car than it was to spend a week at theme parks... we probably will not do another trip like that for five or six years.

Regardless, my hat is off to you and your wife.....about 7 days in a trailer is our
limit :)

ian.

Thanks,for posting.
Frankie: EXCELLENT TASTE IN CARS!

My "Pick of the litter" ...

-
Back