Car origins

-

TwistedPenta

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to find out what dealership got a car or where it was sold? Without having paperwork or original owner I bought 2 dusters near Winston Salem NC and I am working hard on getting the car into good shape. But have recently became curious in the history of the car.
Someone broke the striker for the door latch. They installed a latch used for a pad lock on the inside of the car. The latch was gone but I left the holes just because I felt the deserved to be there just because it was part of the cars history.

Attachments

• image-2513200627.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 164
  • image-3326518419.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 178
If it was before 67 you could get basic ordering dealer info.

From 68 on there was a fire at the Chrysler archives, while the fire didn't do much damage. The water used to extinguish it wiped out the records and why documentation for those cars are holy grail's.

Best clues from past owners are normally found under the back seat in old paper, receipts, and documents left behind.

There is a build sheet under the back seat but its unreadable.

As for the latch. Once I realized the pattern to the holes, I laughed really hard. I was reprinting the interior metal parts and was bout to mig the holes and paused a sec and I'm pretty sure I said it out loud to the car," nope, screw that. U earned those holes and u get to keep em." Lol

What exactly are these? The smaller is from Ed Owens Plymouth in Winston Salem NC. I'm guessing that is where the car was sold. They were in the trunk of the car.

Attachments

• image-747989401.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1792012855.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 104
-
Back