Car Show Display Boards

-

71GSSDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, I have never been all that interested in a display board for my car. What ideas does everyone have? Material, design layout, suppliers for boards, what you would do differently, etc

Also, what is an appropriate size? I realize some have more to be said, pictures, etc.

Just made my own and work will print it.

Way back in 1985 I had a sign painter paint a large mirror and had the info for my 1971 R/T Challenger on it.
I cleaned it all off and used it for the Dart Sport 340 car. Plus added some extra mirrors
It was fine on a stand before I went all silly putting extra mirrors

I felt I needed something for MCACN to tell the story. But yes, which I why I didnt know what to do amd asked everyone here.

Some judged car shows have a category for displays. IMHO, it needs to be big enough to notice, but, not a novel length story to tell. Simple basic points of interest. Started with a lump of coal, bada bing, now we have a diamond. Exceptions would be generations owned, real family history being explained. Hope to see you there! Friend and I are planning to attend.

just something to fall and damage a car
Not if it's designed properly... When I first finished the car that wears 1WILDRT plates I showed it and had a display to tell a little of the story of it's restoration...

My display consisted of a stand that broke down for easy transport & storage, it had a foot that was placed under the rear tire then the upright & top were connected.. On the upright was a mount for my display board & on top a place for a photo album.....

You could lean against it & it wouldn't move so it definitely was gonna fall on anyones car... I was at an event where a umbrella got airborne and landed on a real deal 427 S/C Cobra so yeah, I'm very aware of what can happen which is why my stand didn't just slip together, it had ball detent clevis pins

display 2.jpg

display 1.jpg

004.jpg

I printed out a brief description of my car and put in a plastic binder and put it on the dash pad when at car shows. That way ppl have some idea what they are looking at.

Some judged car shows have a category for displays. IMHO, it needs to be big enough to notice, but, not a novel length story to tell. Simple basic points of interest. Started with a lump of coal, bada bing, now we have a diamond. Exceptions would be generations owned, real family history being explained. Hope to see you there! Friend and I are planning to attend.
Well this is a novel, but it seems it is the part of the car everyone likes best. The car otherwise is not even close for a show like this or any other one. but it gets enjoyed.

I've seem some tasteful ones in the past. It sure beats having the owner holding you hostage while he flips through a photo album explaining every picture.

Definitely stop by an introduce yourself if you make it to the show. That would be cool.

Well it turned out as I wanted. It is a novel, but it can be read well and tells the story which is exactly what I wanted. Thanks for everyone's input.

1666366997844.png

The background makes it a little difficult to read, especially on the top details.
It is much easier in person with it in front of you. And this is an actual picture of the back of my car, so to me that makes it nice in its own right. Typically it would be within arms reach at a show. I mostly just wanted it for MCACN and you will be close. I had to make a decision and I think it turned out great and didn't cost next to nothing vs rolling the dice at $$$ online. Thank you though

Looks like it came out great from here. I can read it just fine with the background

-
Back