Car Show Northwest TN Sept 20

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a copy of the little blurb I added to my website about it. Just happy to report that they're having a REAL car show here besides the Annual Fire Prevention Festival every October.

We're donating a Gift Certificate -- and showing off at least one of our personal rides -- in support of the Sharon, Tennessee Corn & Music Festival 2008 Car Show on Saturday, September 20 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.! Judged classes for Antique Cars, Trucks, Tractors, Race Cars, Motorcycles and Imports, with a special trophy awarded to the oldest car! Lots of door prizes will be given away throughout the day. Contact [email protected] for more information or to pre-register for this great event!!! Come check out Billy's '48 Fiat Altered Funny Car!!! (I think he wants that 'oldest car' trophy ...) "Slimer," Leanna's '68 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback, may also make an appearance.

It'd be GREAT to have a FABO contingency show up!!! Memike and SmallBlock, are ya listening??? :-D I'll even cook!

I will have to find directions. I would like to show up but depends on whats going on in the home front.

Leanna: If i weren't headed for MMW on the same weekend we'd be there but this is an annual happening for me. Good luck with the show.

Bill, I'll use my feminine wiles and get them to move it to a better weekend next year. LOL!!!! (yeahhhhhhhhhh right)

Sorry I'm going to miss you this time around. We'll be displaying our new banner though!!

Though Mother Nature wasn't too cooperative, the First Annual Sharon Corn & Music Festival had a fairly decent turnout and some really fine rides today.

We loaded up a bunch of work samples and the beautiful banner from SmallBlock Bill Stone, borrowed an open trailer and took Billy's 1948 Fiat Altered funny car along. He won First Place in the Race Car Division!!! I'm so proud of him :-D (Maybe I shouldn't mention that his was about the only real race car there LOL.)

View attachment 42189

I've uploaded all of the event / car photos I took, including almost the entire parade, onto photobucket at http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings/Sharon Corn Festival/. The cloudy day and occasional rain made for some rather dark pictures.

Please keep in mind this is predominantly a farming community so try not to laugh too hard at the little parade. The kids were adorable! All proceeds benefitted the Carl Perkins Center for Child Abuse in Martin, Tennessee, and they raised almost $500 between the car show entrants and other donations! The guy with the gorgeous 442 convertible won my Gift Certificate.

I wish ya'll could have been there.

-
Back