Car Show vent

-
That's why I like when the people vote. The cars that win aren't always the nicest but at least the people get to choose their favorites.

That's kinda what it's all about . . . what the general public likes! But I have to say I get a lot of attention with both my Dart and my Prowler.

When i go to car shows i NEVER enter any of my cars and USUALLY when they call out winners i leave !

Sometimes I think folks go to car shows for all the wrong reasons, and some folks put them on for the same reason. I have put on quite a few (my retirement job after having to take early out due to loosing sight in my left eye).
I put on show so entrants AND spectators can have some fun. I always try to raise money for some worthwhie charity, and give out some awards (by popular vote) and send everyone home happy. I don't enter my cars with the expectation of an award, yes I do see some of the judges showes biased, but I don't let it ruin my day.
I am a member of the Prowler Club, and we purchase matchbox Prowlers by the case, and give them out to kids (of all ages0 at the shows. I go to shows to have fun, not to get upset at the judging.

Sometimes I think folks go to car shows for all the wrong reasons, and some folks put them on for the same reason. I have put on quite a few (my retirement job after having to take early out due to loosing sight in my left eye).
I put on show so entrants AND spectators can have some fun. I always try to raise money for some worthwhie charity, and give out some awards (by popular vote) and send everyone home happy. I don't enter my cars with the expectation of an award, yes I do see some of the judges showes biased, but I don't let it ruin my day.
I am a member of the Prowler Club, and we purchase matchbox Prowlers by the case, and give them out to kids (of all ages0 at the shows. I go to shows to have fun, not to get upset at the judging.

You're right

Fun is what's it's all about.

you have to really develop a thick skin on the show circuit , ask my fellow islander who posted pics of the only mopar show on the island .held at a dealership and run by people who don't like his family he lost best truck in a 2 truck field to a plain old truck that was no where near as unique as his truck, the same show last year gave the so called peoples choice award voted by the people to a car that came in on a flat bed wrecker 20 minutes before the voting ended after 4 hours of people coming and going and after most people had long gone home ,it's a joke their is no judging if you are this guys friend or that guy did your work then you will win when it is your turn heck one guy 3 years ago got a best paint trophy { never awarded before or since } for a car with runs and sagging drops of dried colour and clear coat all along the underside of the rockers and quarters ,just go meet knew people and support the charities and laugh at the self important judges fooling only themselves

Hey! That sounds like me! Hahah what a joke.

I don't ever expect to win a trophy for any of my vehicles, I just take them so I can meet new people with the same interest in cars as myself, and I have met a ton of great people, and gotten a lot of great leads on cheap parts.
I did however take the Fargo to the Parksville Beach show a couple weekends ago, I believe it was the weekend after the Chrysler show. I won 'Best Orphan' for the Fargo, I was actually pretty surprised. It was the very first 'trophy' I had ever won, for anything really. So I went up at the end to get it, and shake the guy's hand and what not, and they tell me 'Ya.. we lost your trophy, sorry. Give us your address, we'll mail it to you.' It's been a couple weeks now and I still haven't recieved it. Oh well, I'll still go to continue meeting new people. Plus people always get excited when they see the Fargo, or the original daily driven 65 Valiant 4 door, or the original 70 Dart which gets driven hard.

I go to shows for fun, to share my car with folks, look at other cars and talk to folks. The one thing that's better'n any trophy is when folks look and say nice car. I have friends that go to the same shows i go to and get upset when they go home empty handed sure they have very nice cars but just like racing no matter how fast you are some one will beat you eventually. I am one of very few mopars[the only 1 gen cuda] in my area that goes to as many shows as i can.

-
Back