Car won’t go in gear

-
Reaction score
I just replace the transmission for my manual car, so when the car is off it goes into the gear but when it’s on it won’t.also when I press the clutch pedal the slave cylinder moves.could it be that I didnt install the clutch correctly?

Last edited:
Not sure what kind of car you are talking about but yeah, it sounds like the slave is not actuating the clutch properly.

I just replace the transmission for my manual car, so when the car is off it goes into the gear but when it’s on it won’t.also when I press the clutch pedal the slave cylinder moves.could it be that I didnt install the clutch correctly?
You say that the slave cylinder moves, but is the clutch release bearing moving? If bearing isn't moving then the cylinder needs to either be rebuilt or replaced. Is release bearing and linkage in correct position?

You say that the slave cylinder moves, but is the clutch release bearing moving? If bearing isn't moving then the cylinder needs to either be rebuilt or replaced. Is release bearing in place?
I think I got a bad release bearing, because now the clutch pedal and clutch fork Is vibrating

-
Back