Carb choice

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
I have installed a semi built 64 225 in my 67 dart. Among other things like the radiator drain decided to fall off and about 30 pounds of sludge coming off the original motor in the driveway the carb I have, a carter bbd 2 bbl from a 67 318 has the fuel inlet in a bad spot also the choke linkage is on the opposite side of my linkage. What other choices can I look at to run. I'm not opposed to possibly using a weber if its a good match. Originally this motor had a lot of odd things on it like a gm throttle body welded onto a torched-to-fit one barrel intake with a torched-to-fit adaptor plate, also the timing had an aluminum block bolted to it I think it had block timing or something like that. The block is a 64 .040 bore .100 shaved head with big valves no porting and not sure on the cam as he gave me 3 of them. I will be using stock manifolds. Any help is greatly appreciated

The 318 carb will work ok if oriented properly. I'll try and post some pics of the adapter and linkage from my old slant setup. Seems like I wire welded another arm on what would have been the passenger side of the 318 carb to get the pull right.

-
Back