Carb Heat Soak

-
Installed the heat insulator gasket. It has helped slightly with the hard start after hot but the issue is still there. It did however help with overall engine temp and running about 10 degrees cooler than usual so there was some benefit. I did remove the unnecessary fuel regulator since I am running a Holley Red Electric, which doesn't require it to rule that out as a possibility but did nothing to improve. I also checked the spark plugs and they look good. Any other suggestions here to trouble shoot would be appreciated.

The crazy part is right after I installed it I let it run up to temp, turned it off, let it sit for about 10-15min and it started right up consecutively after a couple shut offs and fire ups. I thought that it was my fix until after running it a few times after that and the problem presented itself again. Another issue I am noticing that after it has been running hot, I turn it off and I get it running again, the RPM's seem to struggle and drop to around 500 when I put it in gear like it's almost about to stall until I lean into the gas a bit.

-
Back