Carb hitting intake...

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
My Holley 600 is hitting the side of the intake and not allowing the 4bbl to open. Has anybody else had this problem if what was your fix. I drew a line where it hits in the last pic. The piece that hits is where that big Philips screw is in the first pic, when it rotates the little tab on the right hits the intake.

Carb Clearance 002.jpg

Carb Clearance 008.jpg

I say spacer. I'd rather use a spacer than grind on anything. Unless you wont have any hood clearance.

The intake is a plain Performer so I think I should have plenty of clearance. Thanks I didnt think of that.

I knew that was gonna be the problem before I saw the pic, a Holley double pumper will hit there also. Grinding or a carb spacer will fix it.

I would add an insulator spacer. Fix the problem and help the carb./fuel stay cool.

doesn't look like it would take much thickness. edelbrock 9266 or 9265 are 0.300 thick so all your cables and linkage should work without modifications. since you have a dual plane I would just go with the divided one.

I'd go with a 1/2" phenolic 4 hole, make sure they are a perfect match to the 4 throats on the bottom of the holley.

I agree with DS. Generally a 4 holer will boost torque and a single hole spacer will boost high rpm power. The phenolic material will insulate against heat which is always a good thing.

-
Back