carb mounted sideways

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
maybe the collective brains here know.on some very fast small mopars i have noticed the carb mounted sideways.is this to prevent secondary bog?or what

I have seen it dun to slant 6'es Never on a V8.

1 reason is that some tunnel rams did not allow 2 carbs in line when both carbs have secondary metering block, sorry , i had tunnel ram on the brain, you meant single carb, SORRY

x2, esp on Turbo slants. Pics plz?

I have seen them on a non turbo slant to, and thought of running mine side ways . But it's doing great the way it is, It might be best to run it side ways.

valiant045.jpg

June third 2010 helping Creed Clean My Closet area OUT! 006.jpg

actually saw it a while back on a 9 sec. w2 340 racer and the other night on pao on a big chev it was a dominator sideways oh yeah the mopar was at pomona

Iv seen carbs turned side ways to stop the secondary jets being uncover of fuel on cars that 60ft really hard.
but jet extentions are cheaper than the adapter plate that turns the carb, so it seems I a bit pointless to me :dontknow:

We had a fastback mustang come through the shop not long ago with a side ways mounted Holley. The intake was designed that way... pretty cool looking no doubt. I have always wondered the thinking about the configuration.

Downunder we had factory 6's with 4bl carb mounted sideways was always told it was to stop fuel surge when cornering.

-
Back