carb options?

-

plum crazy dart

Reaction score
Sons 74 dart 225 at, has a holley 1945-R6724A. Carb is tired and wanted to get another one ready to use as it's a dd and can't be down. Do I need the same model? the 71-73 uses a 1920- they have different bore and venturi dia's? Also the carb is different for an auto and a std correct? Never had a slant before. Thanks

A lot of reading, and general concensus is don't buy a reman. Couldn't find anything on interchange. Joined over there, not a lot of action. Thanks

Yep ss.org is kinda slow. Slant lovers are an odd breed but the experts do hang out over there. There are different part numbers for the auto vs manual trans, but really it is an issue with jetting. The simple answer is that any cable operated 1bbl carb will fit in place of the 1945 with some modifications such as fuel inlet or choke operation. Place a post in the parts wanted section and state what you are after I know that some members here and at ss.org have a stockpile of new and used slant carbs that they are willing to part with.

I replaced the one on my old 73 225 duster idk what number it was but the parts store had a carter exactly the same as my old one and it was only 175$

Was it a reman? Did it work ok? poll over at /6.org more than 9 out of 10 remans were screwed up. If not upon reciept within a few months. A lot were put together with wrong/missing parts. The local auto parts store wanted something like $230. for a reman holley 1945. Also makes me afraid to buy a used one cause you never know if it's gonna work and don't want to pay $50-125 for something that might work or not even be rebuilable. Plus i don't know how to rebuild one.

rebuilding them is easy I use to run from it cause everyone said if you take it apart itll never run right lol bs first one I rebuilt kicked arse. the one I bought was a reman ran great never had a problem in the next two years I owned the car

make sure they guaranty it'll work not one of those places that if you install it it cant be returned that is just messed up how many parts are there that you cant really test tell they are on the butt holes

There are several outfits that do their in house carb rebuilding. I would trust one of those over a generic parts store reman. Their websites make much mention of the care and experience they put into their products. P.M me for the links I built up looking for repair/replacement carb for my '64.

ATB

BC

Just thinking if someone on here is close idk why they wouldn't rebuild it for you I would just a thought that's what fabo family is for right?

I live in Preston, CT, not too far from Agawam. In fact, I was up there yesterday at the Big E Auto Parts Swap Meet. I have some carcass 1920s and just rebuilt the 1920 on my son's Duster. I am swapping out the rebuilt carb for a Super Six in a few weeks, but you're probably looking for something sooner. If you want to send me yours and spring for a rebuild kit, I'll do it for you, or better yet, have your kid drive down here (about 1hr, 10m) and I'll teach him to do it. A third option would be for me to rebuild one of my carcases; don't think i need three of them, especially since I'm going the Super Six route. Cost would be the rebuild kit plus a foot-long from SubWay.

Now THAT'S community.

Thanks All, 64rag, If i need them i'll pm ya. Matt, great idea to put out there, was thinkin about buying a core and asking you to rebuild it. With my luck the core would have been crap. Dusty, Thank You!! I'll be in touch :)

Your welcome i would have too! Dusty nice job stepping up!! He is closer so it'll be cheaper lol glad it all worked out

I live in Preston, CT, not too far from Agawam. In fact, I was up there yesterday at the Big E Auto Parts Swap Meet. I have some carcass 1920s and just rebuilt the 1920 on my son's Duster. I am swapping out the rebuilt carb for a Super Six in a few weeks, but you're probably looking for something sooner. If you want to send me yours and spring for a rebuild kit, I'll do it for you, or better yet, have your kid drive down here (about 1hr, 10m) and I'll teach him to do it. A third option would be for me to rebuild one of my carcases; don't think i need three of them, especially since I'm going the Super Six route. Cost would be the rebuild kit plus a foot-long from SubWay.

Now THAT'S community.
That's also something that makes this internet rock! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!

-
Back