Carb replacement options???

-

usdart

Reaction score
73 Dart slant six automatic..I need to replace the Carb.

Which is the most reliable vendor and what exact carb will get me the most mileage and run smooth too?
The engine is a re-man with only about 10K on it and I want it to run like it should. I have gone thru the Holley with only minimal success. The car runs RICH no mater what I do. Runs rough at idle and is hard starting (cold natured). Floats were adjusted several times..no intake leaks or other issues.
To sum up...:prayer:I give up on this dern Carb!

I put the electric choke kit on it and it helped a lil bit. I am convinced it is the Carb and I am not smart enough to cure it.

I looked at all the Carb sites and they ALL swear they are the best..bull pucky. I am sure someone has tried and found a good one.:banghead:

There are two for a later model Dart on ebay..will they interchange?

Attachments

• 73Dart2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 122
Hopefully Slantsixdan will post here.

I can see right off the bat that you need to do the fuel line mod. Get rid of the hoses going to that little thing on the passenger side of the firewall. Get rid of the big round thing hanging over the valve cover and run a hose directly from the distributor to the carb.

Set the timing at 6 degrees and make sure all the ignition components are good.

These are the mods that were recommended to me (my wife has a 73).

After I did all this her car ran better.

Hopefully Slantsixdan will post here.

I can see right off the bat that you need to do the fuel line mod. Get rid of the hoses going to that little thing on the passenger side of the firewall. Get rid of the big round thing hanging over the valve cover and run a hose directly from the distributor to the carb.

Set the timing at 6 degrees and make sure all the ignition components are good.

These are the mods that were recommended to me (my wife has a 73).

After I did all this her car ran better.

Already did those things..will the NEW carburetors for a 75 Work?:banghead:

and your plugs, cap ,rotor and wires are all in good order? used up plugs will create a rich condition if you have a weak spark.

-
Back