carb setup for /6

-
side draft carbs, webers /dellortos(?), or if you really want weird. SU's.
The webers would be easiest to find but still $$$. For a downdraft system, i think you would have a tough time with the fuel curve with say 3 2G Rochestors. How bout jus for looks. Run the carbs gutted and use a fuel inj rail kinda hidden if possible. The carbs would only be used for the throttle plates air manipulation. One time I though of using 2 "dualjet" rochestors with a special manifold with two plenums feeding three cylinders each. The dualjets would work good because of the design, good fuel reactiveness in the venturi design of the dualjets. Only prob, they are not "old looking". Maybe three old stromberg 97's would be the best if you could find them.
I would think that the engine would not be happy with 3 holley two barrels at all, way to much, even if you could find the smallest made. you probably will have to make the manifold I assume. My 2 cents..(btw the SU carbs would work the best of all the carbs because they are of the vvariable vanturi design...... they were standard on allot of the old British cars Jags etc..)

i've got a dual single-throat Speco manifold for a pair of carters. that promises to be an even spread and good flow.

Carbs I've run on a slant -

Twin 2bbl carters on speco manifold.
4bbl holley on Cain manifold
Triple 1 3/4" SUs on lynx manifold.
Single 45mmDCOE weber sidedraught on lynx manifold
Triple 45mmDCOE sidedraught webers on lynx manifold.

Anything can work and work well.

I built my own sixpack setup for my 440 barracuda.
You just need to understand a couple of rules for tuning multiple carbs.

-
Back