carb size for 360

-

gotdust57@yahoo

Reaction score
i have a 360 running about 360hp currently have edlebrock preformer rpm intake with 600 eddy carb, would moving up to bigger carb like 750 give me a little more boost or is it to big for my setup? thanks

i have a duster 360 running 300 hp when rebuilt then i added hooker headers, pertronix ignitor 2 and flame thrower coil, 2 1/2 dual exhaust dynomax supertubo mufflers with h pipe, 600 eddy carb with eddy preformer intake, 489 case with suregrip 355 gears, clutch fan, with 904 trans and cooler any sense on how much hp might be running now? will holley bolt right on my intake without any mods thanks guys

if you go to the eddy web sight they ha calulator that may help on carb size they are pepole with a lot of knowaldge in this area it is there bisuness and they have much more know how and insight than most of us on this sight

no it wasnt dynoed,i took a blown 360 that was same year as my car 73 duster, my builder said he could build it to about 300hp i didnt have enough cash to get big build but wanted the 318 out and put in 360, seems like every car i bought had 318, then i added on the rest it has a mild cam nothing radical i dont hear alot of loping like the bigger cams, just trying to get idea of hp dont need exact amount just trying to see what my add on did, and would holley bolt onto my intake?

What gear ratio, Transmission and torque converter are you running ?

2200 to 2500 converter 904 trans with trans pak 489 case with 355 gears and suregrip. thanks

I would stay with something small. If you dont like the 600 Eddy maybe try a 670 Holley Street Avenger or a 600 or 650 double pumper. a 750 Vac secondary would probably be ok to though.

In my experience a 650 cfm Holley is the best fit.

-
Back