Carb Spacer needed?

-

eestatic

Reaction score
When I started test assembling my Holley 4175 to my Edelbrock Performer 318/360 manifold, I noticed that the flange studs were hitting the fuel bowls because of how the bowl "overhangs"!

Seems like I could not find a suitable length stud anywheres locally. A parts guy told me that a spacer was required under carb and that would allow the studs he had to work.

Can I run Carb directly on manifold?

If so, all thread cut to desired length would suffice?

Thanks FABO

You need the thick (over .250") insulating gasket. I was running a 4175 until recently. I had the same trouble. Without that insulator gasket, no way was the carburetor tightening down. It was still very close with the right gasket.

I didn't like the 4175. I never could get it right. The idle mixture screws are opposite the "normal" Holleys, so keep that in mind when trying to tune it. Good luck.

You need the thick (over .250") insulating gasket. I was running a 4175 until recently. I had the same trouble. Without that insulator gasket, no way was the carburetor tightening down. It was still very close with the right gasket.

I didn't like the 4175. I never could get it right. The idle mixture screws are opposite the "normal" Holleys, so keep that in mind when trying to tune it. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by The idle mixture screws are opposite the "normal" Holleys?

-
Back