Carb Spacer

-

Robb

Reaction score
I have tried adding a 1/2 spacer between my stock 340 intake and edelbrock 650 AVS carb. I am hoping to help with heat soke and hot starts.

Anyway, I have had the spacer on and off 3 times and when it's on the idel is at 2500 rpm. I have checked for vaccum leaks, and linkage issues, but now I am at a loss... I have had the spacer on and off 3 times and everytime I remove it, the car returns to "normal"... what am I missing? A 1/2 spacer shouldn't chance the idle or tuning of the car, would it???

Have you given your throttle cable some forward adjustment?

the linkage is all the way against the idle/throttle screw and I have an elec choke...

Check to be sure that the throttle plates open and close all the way without any binding or drag. Sometimes if the spacer is to one side a little bit, it might rub on the plates enough to cause some resistance in closing all the way. But if you're coming all the way back against the idle screw, that would probably rule that out!

If the primaries are against the idle screw than your something must be hanging up the secondaries.

I can see the secondaries are closed when I look down the carb... I am stumped.

-
Back