Carb spacers

-

HemiTM

Reaction score
Thinking about putting a 1 inch carb spacer on. I have a Eddy 1406 and a RPM AirGap. What are your thoughts?

Should work just fine. I have a 1" on my airgap with a holley 850.

I run a 1" spacer on my Edelbrock Performer manifold with Edelbrock 600 CFM. Good throttle response. That was before I pulled my top end down. Should hopefully be better after I get my top end done.

yep 1" phenolic eddy version with airgap knock off and 650 thunder series, works good so far.

The only issue I can see is hood clearance.
Dont think it will fit without a scoop of some sort.

Good point. I have a HEMI scoop on the car. Clearance should not be a problem.

Your in like Flint then.
1/4 mile times or the dyno will tell you if it likes it or not.
I have seen articles where spacers have helped and others where it didnt.
All depends on the set-up I guess.

I got a 2in HVH super sucker from ebay for 80 that I might sell if the 1in works better. ITs on there right now so the carb doesnt heat soak.

Got an Eddy carb on my stock intake 340 with a 1/2 inch phenolic spacer for heat soak issues. It helped some.

I am looking forward to putting it on the car. My times have been running 14.03 to 14.06. What I would give to see a 13.99 on my time slip.

318 stock heads, RPM Air Gap, Eddy 600, Hooker Headers, MSD, K&N,Pusher fan, Built 904 with reverse valve body, 8.75 with 3.91 sure grip and 741 case. Tires are 26/9.50/14 Hoosier.

We are building this car from the rear end forward. Over the winter the 318 will be stroked to a 391 and the 741 case will be replaced with a 489.

I think maybe a holley 650-700 might pick up, but if your going stroker might as well wait

416 stroker, Im running a 2" on A edelbrock performer air gap with a 950 Holley. Compared to a 1" My % Vol Eff was better & I gained Hp & torque.
Don't be scared to try several sizes.

-
Back