carb suggestion for 440ci

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hello, did have quick nose thro posts. had my car back from garage, pal reakons my holley 750 vac sec worn, not staying in tune, it had a strip n rebuild at christmas, pal reakons a rorchecter? or carter as replacment, any opinions please? car a street, manual 4 speed,low comp motor with shumacker headers and edelbrock dual plane inlet, any thoughts on the proform 750 vac sec?

Your buddy is recommending a Rochester carb or a Carter. Either are as good as a Holley.
With a 4 speed trans, my recommendation is a Holley 4150 series double pumper carb. You can see them on Holly's website www.holley.com
In my opinion the Holley is easiest to tune, but others opinions may vary.

You think your current Holley is worn out, but unless the throttle shafts are worn there really isn't too much else that can wear out. There are also bushing kits available to repair the throttle shaft bores if that is the case.

What are the symptoms of the car now that make you think there is a carb problem?

George

hello, cheers for reply, car going well, think the mixture screws moving bit with vibes,could be the bushings worn, know rebuid not expensive just wondering if there a better carb out there , ta, nathan

-
Back