carb (thick gasket)

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
I have this nice "bling bling" manifold getting ready to go on to my /6.

View attachment WP_20130414_012.jpg

but I want to find some thicker gaskets that will space up the carbs so I can connect the PVC hose to both and then to the valve cover (or just one and block the other but I still need 2 gaskets to keep the carb height the same.
Has anyone got a part number for a 1/4 inch thick gasket?

Right now the linkage is in the way just a bit. The hose would rub in it and I don't want that. you can see how close it is in the pic's. the front carb is the problem since it hits on the locking collar for the linkage the back one clears just.

I might be able to go 3/8th (change studs for sure) but I don't think I can go much higher unless I change studs and then I gotta worry bout hitting the hood (maybe not since I'm using stock breathers with a dropped base) but I have not measured yet. don't even have the engine done yet but I'm trying to cover all bases.

thanks

Have you considered using 2 gaskets glued together or 1 thin gasket on either side of a spacer plate?

Have you considered using 2 gaskets glued together or 1 thin gasket on either side of a spacer plate?

yeah I have. and it's what I might have to do, but I was hoping to find a thicker gasket so I could get some extras just in case i got lucky in finding them. or since I have my homebrew CNC almost ready(waiting on belts and pulley's to come in,then I can test it) I might look for some of that phenolic (?SP) and cut my own. the cnc won't do anything but cheap plastic,phenolic and wood but it's a start in the process for me.

Why couldn’t the PCV plumbing be “T’ed” into manifold under each carburetor which would make a balanced vacuum connection between both banks?

See below 3/8” tap under carb on my Clifford 4V intake, probably a vacuum source for power brakes:

007.jpg

Why couldn’t the PCV plumbing be “T’ed” into manifold under each carburetor which would make a balanced vacuum connection between both banks?

See below 3/8” tap under carb on my Clifford 4V intake, probably a vacuum source for power brakes:

007.jpg
nice thought and it would be nice. But I'd have to rotate the carbs and redo the linkage to get it to look right. that's way more work than I want to do right now. linkage is gonna be a bear getting the kickdown right any way and I really don't want to make it harder on me.

-
Back