Carb Tuning in Socal

-

Manny Valencia

Reaction score
Hello,

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know of any good Carb Tuners in Los Angeles, or SOCAL area?

Thanks!

South LA and yourself?

My dart originally had a 225 Slant. Now I installed a 318. Electronic igntion.

I drove it about a month ago, when I would stop to change gear to Reverse or Drive, engine would rev up high and then changed gear hard and launched.

That was scary because my brakes hardly work lol

Those are fairly simple carbs, and work great on a 318.
Why not rebuild it yourself ?

No better time than now to learn. If you want to learn it isn't that hard to do.

Make sure the idle timing is squared away. Not enough will cause a lot of RPM drop in gear. If it idles fine when cold and in/out of gear, look for a vacuum leak somewhere.

Could be a not enough return spring, sticking linkage/cable or interference with intake causing it to hang up.

Make sure the idle timing is squared away. Not enough will cause a lot of RPM drop in gear. If it idles fine when cold and in/out of gear, look for a vacuum leak somewhere.

Could be a not enough return spring, sticking linkage/cable or interference with intake causing it to hang up.

Yeah when I brake and stop or try to change gear that is when the revving up occurs.

If you don't want to do it, the carb shop just in Ontario CA can tune it for you, but you can do it.

-
Back