carb.?

-

mr.318

Reaction score
i have a factory 340 intake witha new eld. carb but i guess ones a spreadbore ones not the barrels on carb bigger than intake won't open so i got the dremil out didn't take much but car would barley run put an 1 inch spacer on runs good now but do u think the spacer hurts power and would a thermaqaud work with no spacer i've never had any luck with holleys even new ones

No way a TQ would work without an adapter. The secondaries are much bigger than on an AFB or AVS.
Holleys are not that hard to tune......really!
But if you're set on a Carter, you'll have to use an adapter unless you're running an AFB (or Edelbrock Performer).
The spacer (adapter) really shouldn't hurt performance; might even help!

what year intake? what is the casting #? if you use an adaptor, use the 4 hole style. they develop more torque than the open plenum design. lets see what you have. give us carb # too.

thanks for the info my casting #s are 2581915 1 other # 08107 i had a torker 340 on it singleplane seemed stronger midrange but slower on takeoff it's on ebay now 50 reserve if anybodys wanting one i've got the 4 hole spacer

i came up with #2531915 for the intake, 1969 340, and what is 08107? the carb i bet is a 1406 600 cfm eddy carb. a thermoquad is not designed for that manifold. they came out in 1971. if you are running the 4 hole and all 4 barrels open up, then you are fine. is it the 4 hole adapter that adjust the 2 different hole sizes or just a 4 hole spacer?

yea the spacer is 4hole same size holes u got me wandering now why it won't run with the carb just bolted right on the intake with out spacer seeing that it came with the same type thanks for the info ididn't know what year it was

the throttle blades on a original carter avs are smaller than the new eddy's. they make a spacer that goes from the old 4 hole size to the new 4 hole size. i just put one on my girlfriend's studebaker.

will a carter like one from summit work without spacerplate i'm just close to the hood i've got a mopar aircleaner and it's done rubbed alittle spot on it rubbing hood i've looked but haven't found a lower element

-
Back