Carbon Fiber Mopar Parts... What Would You Like to See?

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
So, in December me and a small group of students at school are going to start our senior project. All of us are in the same Composites class (we also worked in the same group for a Machine Design class last Spring) so we figured that we might as well do our project on something Composites based.

I pitched the idea to our group and adviser (who happens to be our Composites professor) about making a Carbon Fiber hood for the Dart. Our adviser liked that there would be quite a bit of craftsmanship involved in order to make a Carbon Fiber hood; however it lacks analysis. The only things we'd be able to compare would be dent resistance and how the hood would react at speed or a head on collision. He'd much rather us make a composite component that experiences some sort of mechanical loads.

So, what are your thoughts? What would you like to see? Odds are, whatever I make, whether it be a hood or whatever, will most likely be a one time thing. If there's enough demand, I guess I could do a couple other lay ups in a short run later on down the road.

If you've got an idea for any other part, even not mopar related, I'm all ears. Thanks for your help.
thumbs.gif

Why not bolt and glue in frame connectors? If you could get access to a shaker jig you could validate the increase in structural rigidity.

Get down to business: How about a copy of the original generic Rocky Mountain dash bezel,for a bodies???
(j.m.o).....
Small,major detail deal with. There were a lot of people looking,for a said product. (And no supplier...) The math may become, a problem.(for a profit).... Simply,a suggestion.

Get down to business: How about a copy of the original generic Rocky Mountain dash bezel,for a bodies??? (j.m.o)..... Small,major detail deal with. There were a lot of people looking,for a said product. (And no supplier...) The math may become, a problem.(for a profit).... Simply,a suggestion.

This is good to note from a business standpoint; however, the analysis is lacking. There aren't many loads that are taken up by a dash. On the other side, I have always been kicking around the idea to make a CF Dash for my Dart as I'm not too fond of the '68 gauge cluster area.

This is good to note from a business standpoint; however, the analysis is lacking. There aren't many loads that are taken up by a dash. On the other side, I have always been kicking around the idea to make a CF Dash for my Dart as I'm not too fond of the '68 gauge cluster area.

Good answer,and food for future thought. Keep it simple,get the degree....

-
Back