carbon fiber parts

-

joe440

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in carbon fiber parts whether its something small like an inner door handle/tail light bezel or big as a hood/bumper? Let me hear your thoughts!

Yup! But not a hood or a bumper. Im customizing my front & rear bumpers and will then be building them out of glass. A tail light bezel is super interesting sounding. I would prefer to see those out of billet, but CF is interesting.

I suppose if I were building some sort of comp car I'd be interested in CF pieces, but, I'm not. I'm happy with most stock parts for my street cars, and for dress up, I think billet has it all over CF. Personally, I'm really not a fan of the look of CF.
...Just by 2¢

Billet would be awesome for the tail light bezels but would really require the same being done for the headlight bezels, which leads into doing something for the grill ($$$) so it all matches. Carbon would be the same. If it could be done, I think I would rock some CF tail light bezels if there was something up front to match, headlight bezels plus maybe the frame of the grill in carbon with some supports, then install a mesh screen to finish it off. Might be a cool look...

billet tail light bezels for a 65 Dart would be nice. I hate to spend big money on a set when I drive this car alot.

the thing is the parts that would be done, would have to be a popular part on a popular car. making a part for one or two cars wouldn't be cost officiant. Right now i'm in the midst of doing 68 dart carbon fiber tail lights for starters.

That being the case, it may be better to consider things like bumpers & bumper brackets. Maybe modify the heck out of a bumper and mold that for CF lay-up, e.g. half-moon dual exhaust outlets in the rear bumper, fog light holes with built in air dam/splitter on the front. More or less dreaming for myself, but if something like that were tastefully done, it spreads across 67-69 so it has a broader market than tail light bezels that are one year only.

I'd be interested, but like you say, you have to be able to make enough to justify the tooling costs...

-
Back