Carburetor problems...maybe?

-

bthieson

Reaction score
I own a 1972 Plymouth Duster with a Slant Six. I'm running the single barrel carb. I had a cracked exhaust manifold about a year and a half ago, so I brought it into a shop and they installed the new manifold. As I'm sure you know, installing the new manifold requires the removal of the intake manifold with the carb. Since I had the manifold replaced I have been having exhaust problems. It seems like my engine is getting way too much fuel, and my exhaust smells like straight gas. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought maybe something happened to my carb when they made the switch, and it's pumping too much fuel. If that's the case, how to I tune it down. I was looking through the manual, and all I could find was how to tune it during idle. If you have any ideas, I would gladly hear them.

sorry bud dont know alot about the 6ers but they run forever it sounds to me like the floats in it are stuck up and just letting gas pour in that thing it happened to me on a old power wagon one time

-
Back