carburetor spacers lean or rich?

-

pjc360

Reaction score
I just got a 4 hole 1 inch phenolic carburetor spacer and i am trying to figure out if it leaned my engine out or richend it up? Does anybody know if 4 hole spacers richen an engine up or lean it out more?

Anything that adds plenum volume will lean one out as a general rule. 4 hole or open.

Thanks, i had to go 1 size smaller on my metering rods and step up from the orange spring to the silver spring to get it running the way it was before adding the spacer. I dont really like this edelbrock carburetor tho. No matter what i do it seems impossible to get it tuned perfect. When i get the cash i am going to get a new carburetor.
Thinking about getting a demon or a quick fuel from don at fbo systems, i want a carburetor with a 4 corner idel system. I have an aftermarket Holley fuel injection system, its a tbi fuel injection set up, it has a brain box to controll idle mixture along with low mid and high fuel adjustment knobs. I wish i knew how to wire it all up cause i'd much rather have fuel injection over a carburetor.

my old man ran the holley fuel injection system on this same engine and when he had it tuned just right along with the crane cams ignition it ran so good. I need to get some books on how to wire in a fuel injection system.

-
Back