Carlisle July 2010 Caravan

-

CUDA69

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We are up to four cars that are driving out to the 2010 Carlisle show on Friday 09 July. Starting out in Northern New Jersey (Rt 80) early. Any one else driving out from this area?

what are you all driving down...the oldies....I should go i havn;t been in a few years it's only 3.5 hrs away.....I usually go on sat morning

We have a 67 Dart, 68 and 69 Cuda and an SRT so far. If you are coming down from Scranton we stop in Hazelton off of 81 for breakfast around 7:30am. If anyone is coming from North Jersey or the North East we could meet off of Rt 80 somewhere.

I would be coming from Binghamton NY I 81 heading south bound....not sure if I would be drving my 70 challenger or not...hmmmmm

If you are planning on putting your car on the fun field go to carsatcarlisle.com and register. It fills up fast. Also they list hotels on the same site. Rooms sell out early. As July (9th - 11th) approaches and your plans firm up PM me for starting locations and times.

I plan on going for the first time this year. Thanks for the info cuda69. I plan on staying 2 nights and haven't started looking for hotels let.

haven't gone yet and i think this is my year. will be driving in from the other side of the state or i would have defintely been in this iwth you guys. anyone coming from western PA?

Hey Rod, When we went over there we stayed in Dillsburg. Great little drive and plenty of places to stay. You might try staying in a surrounding town with a short drive.
Small Block

I was hoping to get something within walking distance. after driving 7hrs to get there, i'd rether not get back in the truck until its time to leave.

Quality Inn (qualityinncarlislepa.com) is a couple miles away. The parking lot becomes another car show.

anyone have any suggestions on hotels?
I agree with SmallBlock. Do some googling on neighboring towns and drive 10 or 15 minutes or so. There are plenty of motel/hotels in Carlisle, but they are probably booked believe it or not. Plus some of them are pretty nasty.

I have 4:56 gears, dont think I will be taking the dart
George,
I can loan you a 323 sure grip to use for the trip. Just swap it in and return it when we get home.
I have 456's too, and I plan on swapping a set of 323's in my car.........if it's done by then.

George

Plan on being there, coming up from Tenn. I have reservations in Mechanicsburg about 10 miles away. Bringing up my 60 Dodge for 50 year reunion but also looking for parts for the 73 Duster I just bought...working both sides of the fence Forward Look and A Body8)

George,
I can loan you a 323 sure grip to use for the trip. Just swap it in and return it when we get home.
I have 456's too, and I plan on swapping a set of 323's in my car.........if it's done by then.

George

George....you're awesome! What a kind offer! Cool people on this site for sure.

haven't gone yet and i think this is my year. will be driving in from the other side of the state or i would have defintely been in this iwth you guys. anyone coming from western PA?

I will becoming down from Johnstown, Pa.. Friday morning.

Hi George
just noticed your reply. I just might take up up on that offer
regards
George
Just let me know buddy. I have one for your car and one for my car. Hell, we can even install them right here in my garage. It's a LOT easier for 2 people.

George....you're awesome! What a kind offer! Cool people on this site for sure.
LOL! Thanks bud!

George

I'll be taking I81 south from Scranton or I would love to join ya's.

George

I would be coming from Binghamton NY I 81 heading south bound....not sure if I would be drving my 70 challenger or not...hmmmmm

We'll be hitting I81 in Harrisburg, coming down 15. More than likely on Saturday morning. Hopefully we can get an earlier start this year.

It looks like there is some interest there:

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=6348

If anyone is on FEBO, please feel free to link the thread.

We can meet off of Route 80 at exit 12. I'm setting up a highway gear for the trip.

Nothing over on FEBO, yet. Guess I'll have to start a thread.

Plan to leave raleigh friday and head to pittsburgh and leave there early saturday morning. Hopefully can get mopar car or truck thru a rental company. Since my car would not be ready by then.

-
Back