Carlisle: My pics.

-
I made it down for Saturday only-not counting the late night drive Friday. Barely saw anything at the show, basically vendors the whole day..however at the Stupid 8 on rte11 there was a F'n incredible resto-mod early Duster Fy1 yellow ('71 shark tooth grille) guy had to have at least $60K into it. MoPar suspension GONE-all aftermarket goodies, oversized wheels @ 17-18" and slammed down to the ground. Its nothing I would have personally done- but was just a sweet machine to look at. Very well thought out-all A/C lines and PS lines under the frame, only the wiper motor visible on the firewall. The dash board was a work of art. I havent seen any pics of it here yet- would imaging this car will be making the rounds in all the MoPar mags soon enuff. I think the guy was from Va.

The Lemon Twist 1972 Duster 340 that you saw --- was a 340 car that the owner decided to take to the Pro Mod / Resto Mod level, sorta like Kenny Shepherd's Duster. That car is one of two, that were a Father and Son set.
Both Dusters are 1972 models, one is Lemon Twist and the other is Hemi Orange. The Lemon Twist has a small block while the Hemi Orange has a 500+ cube Indy big block. Both cars were built about 8-9 years ago, completely torn down and restored carefully. The owners live in Northern Va just outside DC. I used to make the local cruise scene more often, and these cars were regulars. No doubt these cars are beautiful examples of well planned, well finished cars.

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

FABO member 68Dodge's Scamp. Nice to meet you Bruce! That's him in the background in the blue shirt,there were 2 other FABO members there with him sorry i don't remeber your names guys!
007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg
That's my nephew, Jamison, and I (Robert) in the background with Bruce and his son. Great pic of the car, Kevin. It was great seeing you guys there!

Sorry Robert i couldn't remember your names!
Nice meeting you guys,i'll see you next year hopefully with my Duster!

Sorry Robert i couldn't remember your names!
Nice meeting you guys,i'll see you next year hopefully with my Duster!

It's okay, man. For years my dad and I owned a restoration shop and I'd work up a quote for someone. Months would go by and that person would call up to get the car into the schedule. I'd only remember the person when he or she reminded me of which car they owned. And I kept files of quotes in alphabetical order! Great pics. By the way. Hoping to see how all of Jamison's turned out.

-
Back