carnut37

-

Jerry Hutch

Reaction score
I just joined the forum this morning. I have a '65 Barracuda Formula S with a slant 6 and auto trans, but its not the original engine. This intake manifold has an EGR valve. I haven't even driven the car yet, its had a carburetor problem won't stay running. Have cleaned the gas tank and lines, new fuel filter, new electronic ignition, plugs and wires, new fuel pump. A reman carb. has it running good now. I'm trying to decide what I should do engine and transmission wise. I Love the slant 6 idea with a manual trans ( 3 or 4 speed) but not sure if its worth the money to do the swap. The 904 automatic is a pretty good trans, I have one in my 408 stroker '77 Dodge Aspen street/strip car. My car still has the original 13" wheels, but I'm picking up 4 used 14" 5 on 4 wheels this week. Does anyone know how big of a 14" tire will fit the '65 Barracuda on stock wheels???
What would the easy way to increase the horse power without getting crazy (YET)???
Any ideas welcomed!!!!

I don't have a /6 yet, but a few guy's on here have threads about a low budget turbo. If it were me that's how I'd go. I may buy a /6 car just to try it.

Welcome. I was thinking the turbo/6 with an overdrive later model 833, or the more standard fare 318/904 combination, for a mild street machine. As for tire size, start a separate question thread in the early a bodies forum.

Lots of good slant 6 info here, and over on slantsix.org, too

Welcome to FABO!

-
Back