Carpet Questions

-

70sublime340

Reaction score
I've searched for the answer but can't find anything definitive...does it look like I have my caret far enough forward on the toe board? Also there is no heater box in the car so keep that in mind. Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 252
Can't say for sure, but, it seems a little low to me, if you were to correlate that to the driver side, that would be about even with the top of the brake pedal. I would think it would go another inch or two higher. But, my car is not finished to look at for a comparison.

It looks good to me. However the real question is to place seats and look down at it. If you can see the edge, it's got to go higher.

Riddler

"place seats and look down at it."...
The old "can't see it from MY house"

I would think you need to have it higher. Most of the carpet i have installed I need to cut some around the steering column to make it fit correct.

looks right where it is supposed to be. install heater box and it will be fine

What brand are you installing?

The ACC with mass backing I used on my 69 Fish is molded so the placement on the floor at the seat mount humps determines how far forward it goes.

My install went much higher in the front and a bunch, 2" or so had to be trimmed off the front edge. It wraps the column floor clamp. Never mind 6" on the sides had to be removed. The over all Picture was after cutting 4" out of the sides just to start.

Attachments

• IMGP2008.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMGP1990.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 135
I installed mine with the front section on top....

Same here as that was the way it was from the factory with a sewn edge.

Profit sells the sets that are right at the best price including shipping costs!

Front overlap the rear. I got it from classic industries. I installed some
In my 72 years back and also had to trim up at the toe board. I think they are all cut differently. It's laying in the pans right where it should be, just want confirmation I'm
Not too low on the floor

Same here as that was the way it was from the factory with a sewn edge.

Profit sells the sets that are right at the best price including shipping costs!
Profit Have an website ???? can't seem to find them

-
Back