Carrier questions on 8.250

-

alwaysamopar

Reaction score
Ok first off I have used the search function with no luck I am trying to change from a 2:45 to a 3:21 ratio I am running out of adjusting room before i can get gear backlash correct So I know I need another carrier So whats the cut off? I have one from a 2:71 ratio Will this carrier work for the 3:21 gears? Oh yeah this is a open carrier i am talkin about Found info only for sure grips Thanks for info in advance!!!!

Yep, the 2.71 carrier will work, the 2.45 is the same as the 2.25, only two gears that will fit. U going to love going from 2.45 to 3.2....thou if U haven't brought the gears yet the 2.94 gear looks good too with $4 a gallon gas this summer its looking like.

Yep, the 2.71 carrier will work, the 2.45 is the same as the 2.25, only two gears that will fit. U going to love going from 2.45 to 3.2....thou if U haven't brought the gears yet the 2.94 gear looks good too with $4 a gallon gas this summer its looking like.
Thanks man!! My dart originally had 2:76 in a 7.250 Did the disk brakes up front and had the 8.250 to match Pulled the rear cover off to see it had 2:45s Well my lil slant was a turd already I didnt want to do the 2:45s Sooo While trading my small bolt cragars for some big bolt pattern cop car wheels a cool member here thru in some 3:21s So thats how i got to this delema Picked up another 8.250 from a friend and it has the 2:71s so i should be able to make it work!! Sweet Thanks for the reply I think i have a head ache now!!

-
Back