Cars "bought" and "sold for" examples thread?

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
People tend to use Ebay as a measuring stick as to what a car is worth.

What if we started a thread where a seller or buyer, could list details on the car they bought or sold, along with price and pictures, to help prospective buyers or sellers judge the market better? This might also help someone who is considering buying, fixing, selling, parting, to decide if the car has the value that they need it to have.

a example:
19_ _ A body with ____ engine, ____ transmission, ____ rear end with _____ gears. Body is in ______ shape, with rust ______ and _______, other exiting items are ______, ______, and _______. Interior is _______. Main needs for car are _____ and _______.
I bought / sold it for _________ on _________, and here is picture(s).

Granted some people might not choose to share, but this might cut down on the "what's it worth" threads, and could assist a prospective buyer to judge if they are buying appropriately, or a seller to price the car appropriately.

i'll help out

1968 A body (Dart 270) with __225__ engine, __TF904__ transmission, __7.25__ rear end with ___2.94__ gears. Body is in ___ok___ shape, with minimal rust, other exciting items are ___Ralley Wheels___, ___Stock___, and ____Stock___. Interior is ___complete____. Main needs for car are __engine work___ and ___P/B____.
I bought it for ____500.00_____ on ____4/10/08_____ in __ Central CA___ and here is picture(s).

Attachments

• 68 Dart (3).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 68 Dart (10).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 137
You might want to include location. A car in the kind of shape listed above in WI would sell for significantly more than $500.

You might want to include location. A car in the kind of shape listed above in WI would sell for significantly more than $500.

i edited for location... good call

yea you wave 500 bucks for some one who cant speak English and it does wonders lol...

we all have different aspects on value;
and you cant price a car on pics alone.

eBay allows you to see what a particular car has sold for, bid up to without selling, or highest offer made recently- I think it is 6 months.

I went to look at a car a few weeks ago, the seller had it listed for $10k, which was right on with the kbb value, $9k-$11k, which is not reality. What it was actually selling for was $6k to $8k. When I told him that he didn't want to hear it at all.

-
Back