cars in barns

-
I stopped looking at those websites along time ago, they make me sick. "It's not fer sale cause Im ganna fix it up some day."

The winged cars section is the most painful for me.

What nutsack wouldn't sell one of those?

Even in **** shape like that they could get 50 Grand!

The winged cars section is the most painful for me.

What nutsack wouldn't sell one of those?

Even in **** shape like that they could get 50 Grand!

I sort of understand....what if their children were conceived, born, and learned to drive in the thing? Sentimental value is usually priceless.

"It's not fer sale cause Im ganna fix it up some day."

Seems to happen everywhere and all the time. The saddest thing about this is that cars rust out to death or owners sell them for scrap when they need the space. I think is better to sell it and let someone else make something good out of it.

yes i would understand and agree to alot more if they still drove them and maintained them, but to just let them sit there and rot and get destroyed beyond repair? thats a different story.

yea, I didn't want to be one of "those guys"

so when i got a call last week from someone wanting to buy my Barracuda I sold it to him. I've realized that i'm not gonna have the means to restore it the way that i want to, and I will get to see it when its done since its a local buyer. And i know he's not gonna scrap it or part it out.

Cuda 2.26.05 002.jpg

Not gonna buy em, enough sadness with the site. Thanks for the fact though.

NO NO NO!!! The books are full of stories with hapy endings (not that kind) all of the cars get sold. I have both books in the drawer next to the crapper.

It could be worse.. Go to page 67 and look for the balled-up GTX.

I knew the driver (he lived 600 feet away) and it was not pretty. 120 mph into a tree while drunk. The cops displayed the car for a bit in Sharonville, Ohio which is a suburb of Cincinnati. It did cut down on teenage drunk driving for a while.
Notice how the front clip is upside-down and there is no motor or tranny.
They sorta parted ways. The car stayed near the tree, the front clip went about 50 feet and the engine and front third of the Torqueflite stopped 2 houses down the road.
And it was a 68 bench seat 440 automatic.

A lot of those vehicles are things that dreams are made of. It is sad really that these vehicle can't find their way into the hands of people that will do something with them!

As a young man, I stumbled across a barn while hunting. I could see some light color stripe on the barn from a distance. The strip was a 1968/9 corvette, convertible. All the tires were flat, the top was down, keys in the switch. The next week I when to the court house to fine the owner of the property. Not a major issue. After scraping up all the money I could I went to see the owner. I knocked on the door, a lady in her late 50' came. The car was her sons. He was in the army and serving over seas. He told his mom to keep the car until he came back from service.
Her husband stop me as I left. Their son bought the car new and went to serve in Viet-Nam and was missing in action. He never came back. The barn burnt in the 90's. The car was still inside.

Be careful what you seek.

BW east Tennessee

Don't forget: http://mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/carsinbarns.html

Hey, when I went to pick up my Barracuda in late April of this year, the guy opened his barn and...13 other Mopars! And full of parts- none for sale. Real nice guy, and at least they were all inside.
This is what I recall:
1971 Challenger convert
1970 Challenger 318
1971 Challenger RT/SE
1968 GTX convert no motor
1971 GTX 440 auto Dana
1968 Coronet R/T 440 convert
1973 Satelite 340 4 speed
1973 Satelite 318
1967 Barracuda
1968 Barracuda
1973 Cuda with 70 front and rear
1968 Satelite convert
1971 Charger 440
1971 Satelite

Around here is a guy that kept a 1970 'cuda in his house's parking lot for years, no roof no cover or similar. Sun and water turned the car in horrible shape and he wont sell it. Finally a year ago he decided to sell what is left of the car for around $5k. Matching numbers 383 & 727 are still there but trim and specially the interior is in bad shape. Dunno if it sold already. Other guy has a hemi in a 68 barracuda (NOM) that drag raced back in the mid 70's. Car is rusting out to death and the hemo hasn't been started for some 25 years... No, he wont sell it.

-
Back