Cart Carb problem

-

jeremy2146

Reaction score
So I picked up a Carter AFB Comp. series 625 and cannot for the life of me get it to run right.....went through it all, cleaned it up and installed will all new base gaskets....and it runs but keeps wanting to die out now matter how I adjust it. Sprayed starting fluid all around the intake, linkages and base, nothing revs.....but if I hold my hand over the top of the carb it revs up.....does that constitute a vacuum leak somewhere? or should I be looking at something else......

Attachments

• IMAG0087.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 95
................Is the plug in the rear for the power brake hose.....what do u have the air screws adjusted too............kim....

................Is the plug in the rear for the power brake hose.....what do u have the air screws adjusted too............kim....

I have the back plug going to the pcv valve, and the front capped off. I set the screws both at 2.5 turns out for starting, seems to run fine but when it comes down to idle speed around 750-800 rpm it just dies unles you rev it or hold you hand over the top. If I turn in the idle scre to like 1500-2000 it'll stay running......

-
Back