Not open for further replies.

Sreyno

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
sounds silly but I’m in need of the screwy wire and bolt that holds down the air cleaner on most mopar one and two barrel carbs. I have a 2 barrel carb, but not the air cleaner wire. Does anyone have one sitting around doing nothing?

If worse comes to worse, and you don’t need a factory one, drill an air cleaner stud and run a hardware or paint bucket bail through it and make one.

If worse comes to worse, and you don’t need a factory one, drill an air cleaner stud and run a hardware or paint bucket bail through it and make one.
I suppose that would work in a pinch. I can’t see why something like that is so hard to find. eBay had a whole carb on sale for 50 bucks that had one,but that’s a bit pricey.

It’s hillbilly as can be but it actually works pretty well, I have made more than one. You set the stud in the middle and wrap the wire around it from each side in a loop and then bend it straight down the width of the tabs on the air horn with two 1/8 90 degree bends on the end. Paint bucket bails are the exact size of the retainer holes. Use a vice and channel locks and measure as you go, it’s pretty easy to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back