Carter 625 Rebuild or not

-

iw378

Reaction score
Okay. Is this carter 625 worth saving or not ? came on my car that was sitting for a few years before I got it. Some of you may know from my posts that I swapped the offy intake and this carb for a new performer intake and an eddy 600 carb. Anyways this carb had a big dead spot in it coming off idle probably cause of all the nasty **** inside. I broke off one of the main jets while trying to remove it and drilled it out but I feel I am wasting my time.
Your thoughts
2tfs.jpg

Off idle,main circuits plugged Let it sit in a real agitation tank(Carb dip can,maybe). Or contact RustyRatRod. He's a bad ****,in this department... Saves the frustration.

Since you've already moved on, i'd do as "66340SEDAN" recommended and see if someone could use it for parts. After all, those carbs are really a dime a dozen out there in that condition.

I do believe you can get a few bucks for your intake from the right person though. :thumbrig:

Enjoy your new parts, Rick

Personally I would sell it as parts and buy a Holley
I just put a new eddy 600 on it. Runs fine so far But I can't get the plugs to take a color. Look like new after 500 miles. What holley would you suggest.
Eddy works good but I feel running lean. I've messed with the rods but have not done any jet changes yet.

-
Back